Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mixed-Gender Kids rooms

Okay, it's official: I'm insane.

I started making room boards for the whole mixed-gender kids room reader dilemma, and I kind of couldn't stop--there are just so many great things out there for the little ones! I was going to just choose one or two boards and go on pretending that I am a normal person, but if you've been reading this blog you already know about my sickness, so who cares, right?

I didn't list sources here--too many--but if you hop on over to polyvore by following the links, you can see where everything comes from. And some of you will faint because of the prices, so before you get your knickers in a twist, let me just say that a lot of that is just for looks. I would never spend $1,000 a piece of twin beds from Anthropologie; I would find a pair on craigslist and paint them to LOOK like I spent $1,000 a piece at Anthropologie. Although, I will admit, I could not DIY that rocking sheep way down at the bottom, and I challenge any and all of you to find the knock off and send it to copycat chic.

Let's see. I think these kind of go from youngest to oldest--the last one is for some dark and twisty tweens.

Primary colors plus his and hers sheets:



Sunshiny Day:



Preppy safari:


Graphic shapes plus a little bit of nature:



And, the dark and twisty tweens:



What's your favorite? I keep changing my mind.

Also, turns out this is my one hundredth post. That was fast. And also, hooray!

2 comments:

  1. The second to last, love the elephant pillows. I'm doing my sons room right now so this comes in handy thanks! I'm still looking for his bed, I swear I cannot find anything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the sunshiny DAY room! I am in LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...