Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blogger day of silence


Tomorrow (or today, Friday, if you are tuning in in the morning) is a blogger day of silence in tribute to Japan. I'm not always good at silence. In fact, I'm rarely good at it. And to be honest, I'm not sure exactly how I feel about doing nothing to do something.

And yet.

There is so much idle chatter in the world, and even more so now that we all have these things called blogs. At the same time, important information sometimes feels lost. I suppose my hope for tomorrow is that, if enough bloggers participate, the people who read them will encounter the image above over and over again, will stop to think about the tragedies playing out in Japan, will stop to think about how lucky we are, will slow down, will reflect, will recognize, will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...