Thursday, August 25, 2011

Red Ikat Bolster

I may have stumbled upon the solution to my guest room throw pillow problem.  (Oh, to have such problems!)

Ikat Oversized Bolster Pillow Cover & Euro Sham

A giant bolster in red and cream ikat.
The surprising source?

Pottery Barn. (Here)

Some other lovely ikats, too:

Ikat Bolster Pillow Cover
here

Ikat Embroidered Lumbar Pillow Cover
here

Now of course I could buy some ikat and make the thing (in fact, Duralee has a red ikat that goes nicely with my existing pillow, also a Duralee fabric), but this is ALREADY DONE.

The problem?  While somewhat reasonably prices, the bolster cover plus insert costs more than the dresser I put in the room.  Or the headboard.  Great thrifted finds, true, but still.

Also, I generally think that a trend is FINALLY on its way out when a big chain store takes it up, especially a very traditional one like PB.  That said, I kind of gotta hand it to them: they did a good job with these, don't you think?

Right now I feel like I will always love ikat, but it isn't one of those things that is having a moment but I have always loved, like Danish Modern furniture, Moroccan tile, metallic gold, and Indian blockprints.  So time will tell.

What do you think: will you buy something that is "over"?  Or could you not care less?

2 comments:

  1. Like fashion, I think it's best to try and mix classics with fads. That way you end up with a collected room rather than a time capsule.

    I haven't gotten tired of ikat yet - maybe because there are so many different varities of color, pattern, material, etc. - but I definitely wouldn't invest any major money on it either.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...