Monday, November 21, 2011

From the Archive: dining room board

Between two dinner parties this weekend--one hosted, one attended--and the upcoming Thanksgiving holidays, I suppose I've got dining rooms on the brain.  I was planning my dining room before I started this blog, so I thought it would be fun to take a look back at a TOTALLY different direction.

archives: dining room

archives: dining room by heatherjoypeterson on polyvore.com

The orange rug is in my living room, and the suzani armchairs were a possibility before we decided on a loveseat in there.  I was planning to use my four white ghost chairs in the dining room, bring in those great black host chairs and a black chandelier, and go wild with a rug from anthropologie.  (The chinese cabinet is a stand in for the one I actually have.)

Isn't it funny how things change?  First I realized that the turkish rug I was planning to use in my bedroom would work better in the dining room, so that set the color palette.  (I remember that when I bought the orange rug, it was with the idea that it could easily co-habitate with the turkish one).  Then I realized that it would be far cheaper to buy a new set of chairs than to buy two additional ghost chairs plus a pair of host chairs.  Enter the eames shell chairs.  With smaller-scale chairs (and our technically too-small farm table which we love because my father in law made it for us), the room needed a bigger chandelier.  Enter the Maskros.

And just like that, one change at a time, and I arrived at a completely different room.



Dominos.

1 comment:

  1. I do this all the time. It's like you just need a place to start, and then it all falls into place. The chairs are a great buy!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...