Thursday, January 17, 2013

Preserving the 70s

Last night while working on a dining room, up popped the little g-chat window, with this link from my husband (who was sitting four feet to my left).

What did I find?  This amazing 1972 office building with exuberant interiors.  For the past 40 years, instead of being updated, the spaces have been maintained, with worn out carpet replaced with more of the original carpet, etc.


Obviously, these are commercial interiors, but I was still struck by the motifs that are showing up as new these days.  The chairs and desk above, not the mention the Hicks-like flooring;  The swath of almost-neon, low-slung couches, and simple wall panels below;


And don't these walls look like something Kelly Wearstler just did?


See additional spaces here.  The building was recently sold to a college.  Seems a shame to renovate this time capsule after all this time, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...