Thursday, February 3, 2011

Okay: Orange!

Who can keep up with all this color forecasting? Last month, my excitement over orange was seemingly misguided when it turned out the hype was about rust. Well, ever the orange freak, I was delighted to see mention in the new Elle Decor of an online color story about orange, inspired by Farrow and Ball's new paint color, Charlotte's Locks. (It's as hot as the name.)

There are nine interiors that you can check out here. It's a surprise to see how many different shades are included, from almost-yellow to almost-pink. My favorite (no surprise) is this Jonathan Adler-designed space in fashion designer Nanette Lepore's home.

I shared other pics from the same space when I was trolling for curtain inspiration.

If you were challenged to use orange in your home, what shade would you pick, and how would you use it? I love the vibrant choice of turquoise and magenta above, but that's a lot of color, and not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...