Saturday, February 19, 2011

Calling all locals: great finds up at auction

Remember how excited I was to snag my campaign-style dresser for the girls room for less than $40? It was through the Jobs foundation online auction, and there are a couple of great finds in auction #15.

First up, a pair of campaigner chests. Current bid: $2 a piece. Obviously the highboy needs to be refinished, but these could still be a steal.

I'm also loving this wicker throne--makes me think of my neighbor growing up, who did portrait photography out of her house and had one of these as a setting. Throw a little sheepskin in there for a comfy perch, as Amber did in her bedroom (the picture is from a post where she styled one room three ways--go check it out.)


These chairs also have excellent potential if recovered. I'm loving the fully upholstered frame.


Maybe in Iman's Zahra leaf or Persian Diamond?





And what about this bergere?
They're all the rage. You could recover it in a fun pattern and gild the frame, or go monochrome and paint the frame to match some vinyl or leather upholstery, like in this boutique as seen in Lucky.


Want to tackle this yourself? Here's a how-to video.

Finally, this chandelier could be a showstopper painted high-gloss black, with or without some fabric shades.






The auction closes February 28. Happy bidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...