Thursday, February 17, 2011

Loving these new Ikea frames (and other contents of my brain today)

I'm a big fan of Ikea frames, especially the Ribba: they're cheap, they come in white, black, birch, and medium wood tones in many sizes, and they have a simple, modern shape and a nice deep profile. Not right for most original works of art or paintings, but great for prints, works on paper, and art you make yourself.

So I was delighted to recently discover their NEW line of frames, the Odby, which really amps up a decorator's frame arsenal.Still clean and modern, but I LOVE those rounded edges, on the frame and the matte, which makes these look more custom than mass market. They come in a couple of sizes in the rectangle, plus a nice sized square, and range from $14.99 to $29.99.

We picked one up for Oli's room, and we'll be using it with this print.
We wanted something typographical, and personalized, but the letter O (for Oliver) is the most challenging, in my mind, because it looks like a zero, or just an oval (okay, an ellipse), and I love how eakdesigns created a collage in the shape of an O made of all things that start with the letter. The octopus is my favorite. (Speaking of which, I would love this Octopus hook from anthropologie for the room, but at $48, there's no way this time.)



All 26 letters are available in the eakdesigns Etsy shop, and I kind of want the C and the E for my girls, though I really need to stop re-inventing the wheel and finish the botanicals for over the beds, already.

You know, I really meant to give you one focused piece of information in this post, since I've gone a little cuckoo with the free association lately, but there I go, steam of consciousness style again.

Welcome to my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...