Thursday, February 7, 2013

Inspiration

Plans on the fireplace progress.  Yes!

We have selected tile and formalized our plans for the wood column.

Wood along these line (width, stain, grain):


Color combo sorta kinda like this (mid tone wood, taupe surround):

Source: houzz.com via Heather on Pinterest

Insert floating, kinda like this:



I love how the fireplace design will reference the 50s (the house was built in 1950) without being retro. We're basically taking the 50s paneled wood ceiling (or wall) and putting it on the chimney.


Source: houzz.com via Heather on Pinterest

And taking the idea of the 50s fieldstone fireplace and using it for the surround.


Can't wait to see this one come together. My client's can't picture it. But I see it perfectly, and it will be fab!

(Want to see more 50s inspiration?  check out my pinboard here.  And tons of fireplaces here.)

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. It's all in the details, and I think you've nailed it with this fireplace. Please share pics when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...