Monday, February 25, 2013

For Sale

The girls' room was one of the first ones I finished in this house.

Only, it never felt done, and I kept making changes.  As the rest of the house comes together, somehow their room is the one that feels like it doesn't quite fit in.  For months I have thought about changing it.  Well, I'm going to go for it.  I'll tell you all about it.  But first, I offer up their curtains for sale!


I love these curtains.  LOVE them.  But I also think they're the thing throwing me off in here.  Almost my palette, but not quite.

It is a braemore fabric which retails through Kravet for $77/yard though I got it for less.  Here's a shot of the print:



Details
Curtains are 86" single-width panels with a pole-pocket top and a proper 4-inch hem.  They are unlined, but a nice heavy weight cotton.  The fringe is sewn to the surface (not in to the side seam) and can therefore stay or be removed.




Asking $200 for the pair or best offer (comparable to panels from, say, Pottery Barn)

If you are local to the Twin Cities and interested, the cornice board is about 81 long x15 tall.  It is upholstered on the front, but the back is unfinished/ unlined.  I can finish it for you if you want.  It is a plywood base and fairly heavy.  Asking $50 unlined/unfinished,  $100 lined.  You can see that the pattern does not match perfectly at the seam--since I was making them for my self, I got a little lazy.  :)



They worked when the room was sort of preppy, with plaid blankets, matellase shams, and pineapple lamps (and these botanicals, borrowed from the pattern!):



And continued to work as it got a little bolder/more bohemian:





If I was starting with them from scratch, this is what I might do:


Sort of modern woodland, with a faux bois rug, iron bed, tree cookie side tables, and healthy doses of crisp black and white.

Email me if you are interested.  Thanks for looking!




1 comment:

  1. What a crazy coincidence! This color way looks so pretty on the drapery--someone lucky will get those...especially like with the inspiration board, too.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...