Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Two Ways: Lantern chandeliers

Sometimes when the inspiration is flagging, it's fun to play around and experiment with a space that may or may not exist.  This "two ways" series is such a fun way to push myself in new directions, and this one is no exception.

Typically, we think of lanterns as a fairly traditional element.  Check out the roundup, here.  But a little bit of tradition can ground a modern, bohemian space.  And the new lanterns coming out these days are so architectural, they're suited to a modern, sculptural interior.  Check it out.

Neutral and Sculptural

Lantern - Modern Sculptural

Colorful and Bohemian

Lanterns - Colorful Bohemian

(Note: There would be 6 dining chairs in each room--it just looks crowded when you do that in a design board.)

I have to say, I would move right in to that second room.  But working with clients with an aesthetic more modern than mine is giving me added appreciation of form and texture (as opposed to color and pattern.)

What do you think?

Or do you prefer your lanterns a bit more traditional?

1 comment:

  1. I never would have thought to use lanterns in a modern setting, but now that I see it in your mood board, I think it totally works!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...