Wednesday, October 5, 2011

(Small) reveal

I've been thinking since yesterday about the other side of the argument.  While decorating a home may be a luxury, the design business is a real sector of our economy, providing jobs and putting dollars into the works.  So there's that, right?

Okay, moving on, thanks for indulging me.

A looooong time ago I mentioned picking up some trim for the dining room curtains.  This was one of those projects that took a few hours to actually execute, but daaaays, no, weeeeks to complete.  It almost nearly did in my sewing machine.

Here are the dining room curtains before.

And after.






I have to say, I LOVE it.  The black gives a much needed sharp edge to the space and frames the windows (and the table) nicely.  The trim has the chartreuse of the curtains but also the raspberry that's going on in the living room, right next door.  And the stiffness of the braid makes the curtains stand out a little bit more.  I wish I had lined these puppies (and/ or made them one panel fuller), and the braid sort of helps in that capacity.

So, I know it's not news, but I'll just say it anyway.  Trim!!  Just do it.

Oh, and here's what else I've been up to.


Finally: Pink!  more to come as the room comes back together.

Hope you're all having a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...