Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Finishing Touches: Markham Roberts

These images were in my inspiration file from ages ago, pulled from the pages of House Beautiful.

Do you see different things when you come back to the same image?  Depends on what's on your mind, right? This space caught my eye this time because we finally made a decision about window treatments in the living room--we're going for Roman Shades--and I find myself interested in the details of construction, fabric choices, and trim.



I love the diagonal stripe trim on the simple white shades, even more since the fabric is picked up from the bench.  Love the way the throw pillows are pieced for that angled stripe effect, don't you?

And then of course there is the tape trim at the hem of the ottoman skirst and the white trim with brass nailheads on the edges of those awesome green velvet chairs.  With the white, green, and yellow solid fabrics and the geometry of the stripes, I love that Roberts put a loose floral on the sconce shades--just the right amount of movement.

In my own house, I love the idea of picking up the stripe from the ottoman at the edges of a simple, solid shade, but truthfully I'm not sure I can pull that off.

See any fabulous details here that I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...