Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hallways: Wild, wild wallpaper




Oh, the hazards of blogging: I almost forgot that I promised to round up hallway inspiration!

I actually had a lot of fun pulling these images together, despite the fact that I myself can't afford to wallpaper the upstairs hallway, the long boring space that I'm thinking of revamping next.  And despite the fact that I lost this entire post and had to resource most of the images--twice.  I know the formatting isn't consistent, but I'll tell you what: blogger just kicked my ass.

Anyhoo.

Bold Florals and Chinoiserie
No introduction necessary.  I'll keep my oohs and aahs to myself.

House Beautiful


Miles Redd in House Beautiful

Domino


Meg Braff












spotted here



Domino


spotted here

Concentrated Color!


Design Sponge via Charles Davis Styling


Design Sponge


Ashley Whitaker in domino


Kelly Wearstler for Chloe Sevigny, via Evie and Bluebell

Bold Black and White!



Brett Bara


Domino


Eric Cohler in House Beautiful

And, of course, stripes. They work thick or thin, black and white, two-tone, or all out color.  Traditional, modern, or funky.  Talk about versatile: no wonder they're everywhere.

Horizontal!

Miles Redd again, in Domino





spotted here




two via Abode Love


via do you love where you live

Vertical!
We've seen less of this, I think, but I love it in a long hallway to break up the tunnel effect.

Vertical striped wallpaper in the hallway

spotted here


Miles Redd via Travel For Design


Swoonworthy via Inspire my house pretty

Take it over the top!


spotted here



via Hotel Chic

Now this last one is not technically a hallway, but when I stumbled upon it flipping through my Domino collection, I realized it must have burned itself onto my retinas only to remembered later.  That's right, my plan for the upstairs hallway had been to do tone on tone raspberry stripes.  Hmmm.  So original!

Domino








































Well, I'm exhausted. what do you think: could you handle such a bold statement in a hallway? Or is it just too much?

4 comments:

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...