Friday, August 8, 2014

Obsessed

The tides may be shifting, people.  Mercury may be retrograde, or maybe Hell is freezing over.

Forever and ever, I have dreamed of this crystal ship chandelier, which I have blogged about twice now, here and here.



[Jonathan Adler, Elle Decor]

You know what?  I don't want it anymore.  I want its exact opposite.


The Z1 Cotton lamp by Nelson Sepulveda




Or the Koushi lamp by Mark Eden Schooley, in cotton or net.

I am obsessed.  Full stop.  I wantneedhavetohaveone in my dining room.  Same oversize ethereal sculptural quality of my Maskros, but way, way more sophisticated.  See a beautiful round up of more images here and here.

I tracked down sources for both, but neither appears to be available from a US supplier, and even if I could splurge on the fixture, the shipping is brutal.

Ballard designs has the closest thing I can find, though it might push the rustic edge a bit too much into country territory, as opposed to the more global influences of the others....


For scale: ignore the rest of the room!


Could I live with it in lieu of the real deal?  Would I forever be disappointed?  I've seen some DIYs out there for the Koushi lamp, but my space is not "undone" enough for that to work.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...