Monday, August 11, 2014

A little Zhush in a kitchen

It's a common problem: you bought the house in spite of a dated kitchen, but the renovation is a couple years off at best.  A client came to me recently with just this issue.  She didn't want to spend a bunch of money, but she couldn't stand being in her dated, drab, and unfinished kitchen.

Nothing a little zhushing can't help, right?

The floor is currently a linoleum tile in a peachy/terra cotta color.  Cabinets are going pale taupey grey, and walls white.  I gave her three looks with new hardware, lighting for over a built-in table (2 lighting options in each board--statement and simple), an outdoor rug to cover a good portion of the floor, and cafe curtains for a cheerful look that doesn't block too much light.

Look 1:


Look 2 (minus the valance on the cafes!):



Look 3:


Paint is happening now.  It will be fun to share the before and after!  
And as always, it is amazing what a little paint and fabric can do to lift a space.

Hope your week is off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. Really cute options. Strangely enough I'm drawn most to #3, and I almost always gravitate to lots of color. These little cosmetic updates are my favorite kind of makeovers too!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...