Thursday, July 25, 2013

Folding Screens

How's that for a catchy title?

I tried all the obvious puns but, well, the straightforward approach was probably best.

I was sourcing folding screens today for a project and looked at a bunch before realizing it would make the most sense to just have a custom upholstered one built.  But before I closed out all those tabs, I thought I would share my finds.

It's a: ROUND UP!

But first, some inspiration.

Homes and Gardens via Apartment Therapy

The Selby via Apartment Therapy

Domino

Martha Stewart

Domino


Lovely.  So, tomorrow: ROUND UP!

Also.  Do you have a visual memory?  I took one look at the green image above (found on a google image search) and went, "oh right, that's when Domino did that story about how to do monochromatic palettes."  And then I saw that last image and went "Shalom Harlow on the cover of Domino's green issue.  Madeline Weinrib textiles."  Curious to see if my memory served, I looked it up.


Boom!  

I have to say, I'm sort of impressed that I got this even when the shot was at a different angle (though maybe the angled shot was inside the magazine).  This issue is more than 6 years old.

I have lately been re-watching that show Felicity, and last night's episode had an annoying swim team friend of Ben's sharing his theory that everyone has their 3 things that they are the best at of anyone.  It's a pretty stupid theory when you think about how many people are in the world, BUT, this remembering of magazine decorating stories could be one of mine.  Useful, I know.  I guess I found my way into the right business.

So, two questions:

1.  Do you have a visual memory?
2.  What is one of your three things?

I guess this post should have been called something like "smokescreens" after all.

But if you actually want to make your own folding screen, do as Martha does.  Or check out the altogether reasonable tutorial from Ms. Jenny Komenda.


1 comment:

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...