But now, as the room sits pretty unfinished again, I am asking myself why.
As in: "why, why, WHY?!"
It would be nice if something was just finished.
So. What's left to do?
- strip and stain the desk and chair (ugh!)
- possibly paint the dresser
- find bedframes (preferably for free) to raise up the beds.
- make or buy bedskirts (or buy and modify with some vintage trim I seem to be hoarding)
- add wall lights to give much-needed task lighting to the beds and desk
- make new bolster covers
- re-make the headboards
That's all. (yes: sarcasm.)
Right now, fabric for the headboards is torturing me. The room looks like this:
Those are swatches of this:
Thibault Rinca in Coral, available locally through A.J. Maison
Which I LOVE. Except for this room I wish it was blush pink, with an orange border around the white pattern.
I was also in love with these, but don't think I can justify the price point.
Amy Karyn, available locally through Tapis Decor
So there I go, thinking out loud again, and showing you very messy and unfinished photos of a room that changes constantly.
If you want to continue to tune in to the messy rumblings of my brain, and currently read on google reader, please follow me on blog lovin'. Google reader is going away as of Monday! I'll post more details tomorrow on where else (and how) to keep following this blog.
I hope you'll stick around!