Monday, October 29, 2012

Fuschia, grey, yellow + aqua?

Whew.

At the end of last week, I found myself picking new paint colors for a client I've been working with in bits and pieces over the past year.

I've been thinking our palette will look a bit like this:





Love the happy vintagey quality of the fuschia and mustard/ochre, tempered by the grey and white or cream. But it is a bit strong for a whole space, yes?  And they want light and bright.

A deep or bright pink always makes me want blue.  (Remember this?)  And to keep things fresh, I love the addition of aqua, with just enough green in the yellows to keep the palette from dipping into rainbow sherbert territory.

Source: bhg.com via Heather on Pinterest


Why thank you, Better Homes and Gardens, that's just what I had in mind.

We could put the yellow on the walls


Source: flickr.com via Heather on Pinterest

Or  the aqua




Of course, none of these have the total palette, but it can be helpful, when you're stuck, to visualize a wall color this way.

While searching for inspiration, I revisited some Domino magazines, including a piece about designer Barrie Benson's own home.  She originally painted it all white, before realizing it was too stark and cold, and she came back in with a palette of pale blues and greens.

Design is a process, sometimes easier than others.

1 comment:

  1. Now here's a colour combination that you don't see every day and I am wondering why not? It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...