Monday, July 16, 2012

Making the most of

I've been tossing around this idea for a feature called "making the most of..." to show how you can maximize something potentially awkward and make it totally awesome. I recently found this pink and green room--a presumed "before" picture to this lavender room I have shown before from Katie Rosenfeld--and it really hit home this idea for me.

The before room is sweet and lovely.





The after not only tolerates the low ceiling, but makes the most of it. The layout is exactly the same, but the impact of the second room is just exponentially more. Using stripes to emphasize the sloped ceiling (rather than ignoring it), plus installing a window treatment with more presence takes the room to the next level.

Anything awkward you want to make awesome in your own home? Send me a picture and we'll talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...