Friday, April 29, 2011

Flashback Friday: I do.

First, let me just say that I have not been caught up in the wedding madness at all.  In fact, a while back at the gym I saw an ad for the special CNN show, and I thought, really?  CNN?  Though of course this makes perfect sense.

However, after dropping the girls at school this morning I heard some of the coverage on NPR, and I got a little teary eyed.  And it had me flashing back to my own wedding.  Since today happens to be Friday, and that is the day for flashing back here on Love Your Space, I'm flashing back to my own wedding, which in NO WAY compares to the royal wedding except for the most important one: it is my own.


Love that Space: The Depot, Minneapolis, September 24, 2005

The Vision: Vintage Glamour







The Elements: A 1920s train depot, twinkly lights, netting, Vera Wang gown, 1940s cake topper, vintage bird ornaments, greem moire tablecloths, gardenias, ostrich feathers and orchids, navy suits, striped and polka dot ties, family, friends, and self-composed vows.

The huh?! factor: I think I had my veil on upside down!  Oh, and the venue had these bizarre statues that couldn't be move.  I mean: Huh??  Luckily they were mostly out of the way.



What remains:  Well, our marriage--thank goodness!  I don't take that for granted.  I love that so many people have those little bird ornaments, and use them on their trees at Christmas.  Oh, and the top tier of the cake may still be in my parent's freezer.

The Analysis: I've written about the objects we used at our wedding here, and I'm happy to leave it at that.

Did this morning's nuptials bring you back to you own?  What was your favorite element of your wedding? I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a lovely wedding! A favorite from my own wedding was having it outside in the garden of an old mansion and the lanterns and flowers on the tables. I loved my tables!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...