Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Where do you put the pattern?

This living room has been slowly evolving.  We have all the furniture and lighting in place, as well as custom window treatments and shelves, a revamped fireplace, and a wallpaper accent.  While I often start with textiles, this time we have sort of backed into the rug and throw pillows.  I have been envisioning something neutral and sophisticated, with texture or subtle pattern.  The client's husband suggested that we do a "crazy" rug.

Behold, one living room, two ways:

CRAZY RUG!

Neutral rug with bolder pattern and color on the pillows.

The crazy rug is at a great price point, making it possible to use it as a current accessory, rather than a long-term investment.

What would you choose?



1 comment:

  1. I like the crazy rug! It adds personality to the room and I'm also loving the mid century theme. I think an eames lounge chair in tan leather would look go very well with the ensemble. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...