Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tinker, Tailor

I tinker a lot more than I used to.

I think this has to do with working from home (though I did that once before) and constantly being in the presence of fabrics and home goods.  Thinking about home all the time means thinking about MY home, too.

As much as I am thinking lately about summer decor and what I would change if money was no object (it is!), mostly I want to be done.  I want to finish and enjoy.

So, short of splurging on any designer fabrics, I may have hit on a mix in the guest room that's working for me.


This room has been virtually done for a long time.  After swapping the mirror for a photograph (a gift from the friend who shot our wedding), the only thing that wasn't doing it for me was the fabric mix on and around the bed.  I changed out the sconces (the fabric used to match the headboard), brought in a navy kantha quilt with birthday money from my in-laws, borrowed a pink velvet pillow I made for the living room, and now I plan to make a case for the body pillow from that navy and taupe striped fabric.  It's got a sort of navajo pattern in raspberry between the stripes.

Short of replacing the duvet and bed skirt (wedding gifts that have seen better days), this might just be it.

2 comments:

  1. What a great, rich, cozy retreat. So enveloping and welcoming . . . great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm a big fan of the saturated color and how it reads very gender neutral. I dream of having at least one space finished in my house. Everything is currently about 8% done.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...