Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ta Da!



At long last, the ottoman is done.

Maybe.

Shall we review? (Is it embarrassing to admit that I am seeing this in my mind as a flip book and the song running through my head is that old Music Together classic, Happy Puppy Dog?).  Here goes.

In the store


Glass = Dangerous for kiddos.  I know, let's make it an ottoman!  Cut wood.


Get foam


Paint Frame purple.  Oops!  Spraypaint black.


Reupholster with the wrong fabric.


Reupholster with the right fabric.


Freehand some rub n buff.  Oops!


Tape off the stripes and try it again


Ah, finished.  No?


More gold = More tape.  Lots and lots of tape.  Table bondage.


Perhaps should not have done this step under the influence of a glass (or two?) of wine.


But it turned out okay and let's be honest, I will probably not fix it.  One more time: Before.


And after.

Love it, hate it, or total ambivalence, you gotta admit it's quite a big change!

Oh.  Why is it only maybe done?  Well, I'm thinking all the gold precludes the need for nailhead trim, but I'm going to live with it for a while before I make the final call.

What do you think?  

Thanks for sticking with me on this one.  I'm usually a done-in-a-day, for-better-or-probably-for-worse kind of a gal when it comes to projects, so this one has been a bit of a stretch.

What about you: are you in the middle of any interminable projects these days?  Do tell!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I don't think it needs the nailhead trip, but of course I'm curious to see what it would look like with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! Congratulations!

    We're in the middle of a 1/2 bath redo that's taking quite a while to complete - lots of wall repair to be done. And a deck/patio/landscaping project that we're just starting and I can envision taking all summer. It's dawning on me that the common denominator of these two projects is my husband is doing the bulk of them - hmm . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to know where you got the custom cut foam?? I have the same exact table and am trying to figure out how to cut the foam from rectangles? Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...