Monday, December 16, 2013

Get the Look: Patchwork

It's always interesting to see the way elements that have been around forever come in and out of favor, and get re-interpreted, whether in the way they are made or the way they are used.

While perusing my new Kathryn Ireland book from my birthday wish list, I noticed her use of patchwork, a trend I had been noticing sort of out of the corner of my eye.

When I went looking for it, I was amazes at how many patchwork products are available right now.

Get the look:


Chair: Anthropologie, Quilt: ebay, Chandelier: Urban Outfitters
Mirror: Pier 1, Pillow: Shop Latitude, Screen: Pier 1
Pillow: Kathryn Ireland, Chair: nuLoom, Pouf: Pier 1
Rug: kilim.com, Chair: rugs usa

Chair, Chandelier: West Elm
Pouf: anthropologie, Rug: ABC Carpet
Chair: Zinc Door, artwork: Urban Outfitters, Chair: vive decor
Rug: Pier 1, Armoire: West Elm, bedding: Crate and Barrel, pouf: World Market

In addition to the straight-up patchwork offerings, I like the application of the patchwork concept to furniture like the armoire shown from West Elm, where each drawer and cabinet is treated to a different wood tone, or the colorful chandelier from Urban Outfitters, where the color is applied by area. 

I also came across these chairs from anthropologie, which take the concept of patchwork but abstract it.  Rather than pieces actually patched together, they created a screenprint of layered or patched pieces--in this case, photographs and drawings.



What do you think: would you use patchwork in a room?  Would you go old-fashioned or new-fangled?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...