Friday, June 15, 2012

High Five

Lots of blogs do a weekly round up of some of their favorites around blogland.  I love that blogger Abby at Aesthetic Outburst chooses five favorites and calls it "high five!"  So celebratory.  I am borrowing it today to give a high five to lots of ladies who really got to me with their words.

The past week or so, I've noticed lots of hearts being poured out on blogs, touching on lots of issues that are no stranger to me.  My very favorite blogs are the ones where I feel like I know the woman behind the blog, and always want to hear what she has to say.  (I hope that, for at least a few of you, I fall into that category.)

It is a departure from design, yes.  But we are all working people making our way through life, too, yes?

Joslyn Taylor of Simple Lovely got me twice this week.  First with her post on the onset of working-mom guilt in the summer (it felt as if she was channeling my brain on this), and on the need to pare down and fend off the onslaught of stuff (I had just been thinking similar thoughts as I waded through a sea of "deals" on One Kings Lane.)

Nicole Cohen of Sketch42 writes about her wanderlust and the importance of travel on personal development.  For the past two years, I have literally gone nowhere.  This made me restless in exactly the right way.

Erin Gates at Elements of Style made the kind of list I need to make, a note to self, about getting off our butts and DOING it already.

Design Mom does a lovely series on living with kids.  Her interview with writer Regina Sirois just slayed me, making me want to be a better mom.  This led me to Regina's blog, Tapper and Company, where she shares the story of her dream coming true.  As someone who always sort of expected to grow up to be a writer, this really got me.  And brought me back to the need to write a note to self.

Ashley at Meet Me in Philadelphia wrote about how inadequate blogs can make you feel about your life.

And Angela at The Painted House asks the very important question, Do you want it all?

Thank you, ladies, for making me think, and making me know I am not alone!




2 comments:

  1. Heather, thank you for including me in such illustrious company and for sharing these poignant posts. Congrats, btw, on the latest press! What an exciting way to end the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful. Whether designer, writer, mom, or just lurker, we are all trying to create something beautiful with our lives. And most of us (I certainly include myself) feel like we aren't quite adding up. The funny thing is we all seem to see perfection everywhere except inside ourselves. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...