Thursday, June 14, 2012

Big Boy room (that goes both ways)

Remember Oliver's nursery?

Well, he's moving on out to make way for a baby sister.

In his new, big boy room, his mom wants a color palette of navy, aqua, and chartreuse.
Dad wants to keep the wall of large, framed black and white vintage sports photography (the space is currently his office.)
And of course, it would be an added bonus if the space could work for a girl down the line.



This rug from PBTeen kind of did the work for me, don't you think?
Pale chartreuse walls and warm wood keep it from going too cool--or too girly.

(You may also notice I used a side table from my recent round up.  These things are making my own budget sourcing MUCH easier--until tables start to be discontinued, that is.)

Of course, I sent them two other choices--one a bit more "boy" and one quite a bit younger--so we'll see where things end up!


3 comments:

  1. Love that rug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Heather, especially the rug and that handsome wood chest! I'm working on a teenage boy's room myself - it's a bit challenging since I love to swing girly! I'd love to get your opinion on my front door color. Hope you can stop by!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed the mom's wishes with the rug and I adore the light fixture!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...