Friday, January 14, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake



I would love one of each of these delicious-looking cake editions by Martha Rich for the girls room, maybe for over their beds. I love that they are a pair without being identical (or even particularly "matchy") and that they would pick up on the two dominant shades of pink in the color scheme.

Do you all know about 20x200, where these prints are from? It's an amazing curatorial project that offers limited editions at 4 price points and 4 corresponding sizes. My parents got me this print (the 11x14 was $50) for my birthday.

It's a Christmas tree lot in Vegas, and I just love the weird juxtaposition of pine trees in the desert, and those strung lights against the western sunset. If you'e in the market for art, check it out. You can browse by artist, subject matter, etc., or you can sign up for their newsletter to get weekly recommendations and information about new pieces and artists. That's how I found, and fell in love with, these cakes.

Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! I look forward to reading every entry. I also love the prints for the girls room. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 20% of the art on the walls in our new house is from 20x200. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, lady. I like 20x200, but find if you buy anything BUT the $20 prints they start to feel like overpriced photocopies. BTW, Bill Powers, husband to Cynthia Rowley and judge from Bravo's Work of Art, started a similar site called www.exhibitiona.com. More expensive and not as fun, but perhaps another blog post :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...