Monday, January 17, 2011

Charteuse and Pink

I recently got the new catalog from Hive modern. Hive is like DWR, only more so. More esoteric design, higher price tags, totally drool-worthy collections. The catalog is itself a thing of beauty, with a square format and heavy paper, and I have been poring over it for days (though not a one of the designs is within my reach.) Mostly the individual products are swoon-worthy, but this particular room makes my heart go pitter pat. The chartreuse and pink combination could not be more luminous.


Going through some old tearsheets, I happen to find another chartreuse and pink dining room, from the Cottage Living 2008 idea home.


I love the way both rooms are grounded with bold color--black and white or royal blue--and the way both use mixed metals to stunning effect. My dining room is chartreuse and teal, which I also love, but this shell pink is just so soothing, so feminine, so, so lovely.

1 comment:

  1. You've completely sold me on my fantasizing re: chartreuse leather end chairs for the dining room.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...