Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Traditional Bath: before and after

A while ago, I wrote about a bathroom where I needed to create a "design language" that blended the previous design choices in the client's kitchen and bath.  That full post is here.  The bathroom is just about done and looking great!

Here's the before:



And the after:





The biggest problem in this tiny bath was the overscale, dated vanity that took up most of the room.



This little guy solved that problem and made the room feel much bigger!


Having a smaller pivot mirror separate from the vanity unit also helps.

This room is 5x7 and nearly impossible to photograph (and of course, my phone camera is not the best), but I think the results are charming.

I should also say that I wouldn't often do grasscloth in a bathroom, but this one is very infrequently used, and the texture makes a hug difference in the feeling of the space.

Cute, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...