Monday, June 2, 2014

My latest obsession

I have been looking for a large painting for my dining room wall.  (More on that to come.)

In addition to open studios and local galleries around town, I have been obsessively searching Saatchi online.   Unlike the proliferation of on-line print shops (many of which are wonderful in their own right), the Saatchi gallery offers tons of original works, by artists all over the world.  You can filter by many factors, including size, medium, price, style, and orientation.  After inputting my parameters, there were still over 5,000 works to consider, which is either impressive or daunting, depending on how you look at it.  My husband jokingly asked last night if I had viewed them all yet.  Okay, he was serious.  But I "only" looked at about half of them before cutting myself off and admitting that I am, in fact, slightly insane.

But this is normal, right?



Oh, just some printouts of pieces I am considering, taped to the wall.

Totally, completely normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...