Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pillow Mania from the Polar Vortex

You will be happy to know that I didn't leave you out while I was on break.  Nope.  I am right where we left off:  fretting about the living room rug.  Lonny just named Beni Ourain rugs one of the three trends they hope will die in 2014.  So that's nice.  Nothing like getting in on the way down.  (Does anyone else feel that the popularity of the beni can be traced almost single-handedly to the pages of Lonny?)

No, really, I love it, and I don't care so much about being "current."  These rugs are one of those items that have been trending lately, but the authentic ones are classics that will never go out of style.

Next up?  Finishing off the space.  In this case, that means pillows.  Since we haven't left the house in 4 days, I have had plenty of time to search the internets high and low and put together too many schemes.

(actually, this was helpful.)

It feels like the room wants to be sort of neutralish with so much going on, but I want color.  Who wins?  Let's take a look.

1. Major color


2. Minor color


3.  Gold and black



4. Black and tan


5. Green and Brown



What do you think?

Of course, I could always recover the green chair.  And those lamps could be spray painted.  Like a dog chasing its own tail......

2 comments:

  1. You know me - Major Color all the way! (nice poofs, btw - they totally make the room!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty predictable in that I pick major color too! But if you feel it's too much, my second choice is black and tan. I know they're totally different, but I'm a bit schizo. And I don't know about you, but I get really annoyed with all the trend talk. I say who cares, if you like it, go for it. People get all up on their high horses and sound snooty when they start saying what trends should die. Live and let live. Or decorate and let decorate. I have a faux beni from World Market in my office that I plan on keeping. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...